Friday, February 17, 2012

Joyful Interlude

The other night as we sat at the dinner table, the mood was light and silly.  Our little E-Dude led Grace, which is to say he mumbled the words "Bless us O, Lord..gibberish, gibberish, AMEN!" Which has become quite the joke between my husband and myself.  How they both love to say their prayer, but get very excited about uttering the word AMEN!

As in...look at all I remembered, AMEN.

Silliness ensued as a result.  E-Dude has been on a kick of not eating pasta in any form, so was promptly feeding his to the dog, while G-Man kept asking for more.  I gave E-Dude my best teacher look of disapproval to which he responded with a grin and a side tilt of his head.  I shook my head at him and his grin grew wider as he began to imitate my actions, right down to a pronounced pucker in his little face.

How can you not laugh at that?   I did the Mommy part and took away the food to the dismay of the circling dogs.  But then we giggled and played as a family.  Head shakes and tilts, silly voices, and laughter all around.

Little things that make you whole.

6 comments:

  1. I love the giggles and silliness! So fun!
    And too funny with AMEN at the end of grace! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up. Our little girl sounds just like your E-Dude! She always feeds the dog some of her foo,d even her favorites, and gets a huge kick out of it. The only thing that makes it even more fun and exciting is if I tell her not to or wiggle my finger at her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very hard to 'get mad' when he does it with such pure joy!

      Delete
  3. I love that you captured this moment. Time has been moving so fast around here lately, the babies are doing so much, and I often feel like I missed it.

    Glad you didn't miss any of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a challenge to stop and notice the little things. Glad you stopped by-especially when you have been so busy as of late!

      Delete