Monday, March 5, 2012

Simple Joys

What do you do on a beautiful 74 degree day in March?

You stop by the dollar store, pick up some wiffle ball bats and trays and wands for bubbles.  Put said toys in the backyard, fill the trays with bubble juice, and let the munchkins go nuts.

I lost count of how many times G-Man shouted the word bubbles, to indicate everything from "Mom, I require more bubble juice." to "Look at all these bubbles!"  to "I am supposed to have all of the bubble juice in my hair, correct?"

Obviously I am going to be buying gallons of bubbles this summer, but it is hard to beat an activity which keeps toddlers occupied for at least 30 minutes.  He did not tire of playing with the bubble wand at all.  How many things can we say that about?

E-Dude loved the bubbles too, but was much more occupied watching the mockingbird sit on the rooftop behind us.  He kept shouting "See bird?  See bird?"  When I told him that was a mockingbird, he attempted to repeat me "Mah-in-bird!" 

So cute.

He talked to that bird on and off throughout the afternoon.  At one point, he started to yell the word bird with even more excitement, causing me to look up from the bubble juice stream accumulating in the yard.  Would you believe the mockingbird flew down to sit on our fence?  Two noisy toddlers in the yard and that crazy bird swooped down to check out the little friend he had been chatting with all afternoon.

I was dumbfounded and delighted.  G-Man covered in bubbles, E-Dude skipping through the yard with pure joy on his face.

Perfection in a day!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) Everything around here is something juice, lol. Coffee or Soda tends to be Mommy Juice or Daddy Juice...so Bubble Juice just makes sense!

      Delete