Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bite, Bite, Bite?

Oh dear.

I keep my phone on vibrate during the school day, just in case the boys get sick or there is an issue.  So naturally, any buzzing in my pocket causes me to panic.  I pull out my phone with dread, anticipating fevers and vomit.

"G-Man bit 'W" when they were playing with the cars, just wanted to let you know." Followed up by a picture of poor little "W's" arm. The skin was not broken, thankfully, but there was a FULL set of teeth marks on this little boys arm.  As in...a dentist could not get a better set of dental records.

The logical side of my brain told me that it was perfectly natural for 2.5 year olds to bit on occasion.  The teacher and mom side of the brain was absolutely mortified.  I apologized profusely to both our provider and W.'s mom.  Both of whom said it was no big deal. 

Oh goodness my child is the kid who bites.

Going into full teacher mode, I tried to find out what preceded the bite.  In this case, both boys were playing cars and W ran his arm and car in front of G-man (in his 'personal space).  G-Man responded by leaning over and biting.

We have of course discussed that Jesus Loves Everyone and we do not show love by biting, even if we are upset.  We have watched the "Don't Bite Your Friends" song via Yo Gabba Gabba.  I am working on finding a way for for G-Man to find another way to express his frustration, but, lets be real...he is 2.5.

To follow up, just the other morning the boys were very tired because Mommy get them up too late after bible study.  So they were just a mess at school, and what did little E-dude do?  You guessed it...bit someone 3 different times. 

That was on me. 

Feel free to give me the mother of the year award at any time! :)

1 comment:

  1. certainly they didn't get that from their mother, she NEVER bit another child. It must come from the OTHER side of the family LOL!!! They will out grow these things, you just have to keep your sanity in the process and then wait and see what other little jewels they come up with!

    ReplyDelete