Thursday, May 3, 2012

Couch Please!

Oh my goodness these boys are too adorable.  Even when they are driving me absolutely insane having a tough day, they are pretty stinking cute.  And sometimes I have those incredible moments of clarity when I realize, these cute little things will go by so quickly.

And I want to hang on as much as I can.

The dishes were in the sink, a tell-tale sign that the dishwasher needed to be unloaded.  Laundry was piling up and dinner needed to be made.  The boys were demanding their daily fix of Yo Gabba Gabba so I turned it on and figured it would give me a few minutes to get some things done around the house.

Small fingers pulled on my pants and I looked into my son's eyes.  "Need Couch Please."  warbled my sweet little E-Dude.  It doesn't simply mean he wanted to sit on the couch, because he is perfectly capable of climbing on it...and over it..around it...you get the idea.  In E-Dude speak it meant "Mom, I want to snuggle with you on the couch and watch my show."

Seriously, how could I refuse that?   I reached down and scooped him into my arms and plopped us both on the couch.  He snuggled into my side, sighed and started to watch his show.  G-Man, not to be left out, crawled up and settled on my other side.

The dishes and dinner had to wait.  Before too long these precious moments slip away.  I don't care if the house is in disarray if the alternative means I miss little moments like this.  Perfect moments of contentment.

Just don't stop by unannounced ;)

2 comments:

  1. someday your kitchen and laundry will be all caught up and your boys won't want to snuggle with Mom anymore. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! And sometimes it means we are late, too. Like this morning when Drew says, "Mommy, sit!"

    My husband and I laughed so hard over the biting comment you left on my last post...double chompers :-)

    ReplyDelete