Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bronchitis and the death of my favorite Christmas Movie.

We are home sick for the second day this week.  Poor little G-Man has bronchitis and E-Dude has the cough as well.  Thankfully they are acting like themselves, or Mommy would be insane right now. Breathing issues and little ones give me massive panic attacks, especially since E-Dude and his hospital visit earlier this year.

Despite my concern with every cough or congested and squeaky breath, here we are.  And lately, the boys have discovered the movie, A Christmas Story.  This happens to be one of my favorite holiday movies and a yearly Christmas Eve tradition.  Initially, I was thrilled to see the boys enjoy the movie in silence and awe without moving.

Now, upon our 10th viewing in 5 or 6 days, I am concerned.  Sure, I still laugh at Randy eating like a piggy, and the infamous battle of the lamp, but I can feel the joy ebbing.  I am certain this is revenge for having forced my mother to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a million times when I was a kid.

Help!

3 comments:

  1. Give everyone some time to feel better and a few days between, "He'll shoot his eye out" and "Faawaawaawaawaa" and I am sure the magic will return ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Carolyn
    carolynfallon3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete