Thursday, January 24, 2013

This is TMI-You have been warned!

Totally repeating this from a post I made on a message board this morning.  Because it speaks volumes.

I am not equipped to deal with vomit.

Or liquid excrement. Or both at the same time. At 3am.


G-Man was crying and I went to check on him. The smell in their room was awful, so I picked him up and was immediately covered in the blowout from his backside. Hosed him down, changed him, sat him on the floor and started to change his sheets when he starts crying again. I look at the tiny blob of yuck on his pants and realize what it is just in time to grab a couple of wipes to hold in front of him. But of course..there is a child barfing into my hand.

Have I ever mentioned that I have a phobia of vomit? True story-My mom used to watch kids out of our home.  One day, a little boy was crying so much my mom asked me to get him a tissue.  I made the mistake of reaching in front of him to give the tissue when it happened.  Bright red, chunky Kool Aid vomit covering my hand.  9 year old me was traumatized for life.

And of course, G-Man is scared and crying and I am trying to comfort him, which ultimately sounds like me trying to comfort myself. So that I don't start to cry, or barf, or both.

And DH stumbles in half awake to immediately cover up his nose with his shirt, and he starts to gag, so I have to send him away to deal with all of it.

And E-Dude slept through it all.

I forgot to mention that I had also taken off my feces covered shirt, so I was running around topless and catching vomit. So half awake Randy wanted to know why I was wearing no shirt when I asked him to bring me one, to which I yelled "There.was.poop.Everywhere."  And to anyone shaking their head at my brazen lack of modesty in front of my children I can assure you that when you are covered in feces and vomit in the middle of the night modesty is the absolute last thing on your mind.  Well behind the desire to wash the entire house down with bleach.

The amazing thing?  As I lamented the issue this morning while drinking my cup of coffee, I did remember to thank God for a day home from work with my sweet and cuddly boys.  It doesn't change the gross.  It doesn't make going back to work tomorrow easier, but it does give me pause to breathe and enjoy.

And open the windows..because it smells AWFUL in here.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Because it is so true.  Especially today.



6 comments:

  1. oooohhh.....been there, done that!! hope everyone is feeling better now...it's no fun when little ones are sick :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are better now, thanks! Wish I could say the same about their dad...poor guy!

      Delete
  2. Until I read this post, I hadn't thought about how much I had vomit in a long time (read my post today to see why these type of things are even on my mind at all). But, yes...vomit (and its evil twin--diarrhea) is GROSS, especially when you are the mommy and it's all on you--both literally and figuratively.

    Hope everyone is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were much more composed than I would have been if someone had cut my kid's chin to get stitches out! It has been gross here all around. Hope your little one is healing from her trauma (and you too!)

      Delete
  3. I haven't had to deal with this yet! It sounds to me like you did an AMAZING job momma! Don't doubt that for a second!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am surprised it was 3 years before it happened. Is it okay if I pray that it doesn't happen again :)

      Delete